Wednesday, 23 October 2013

"Petites Etiquettes De Cadeau" or Small Gift Tags

Turn a retro 1970's French children's cookbook into beautiful individual gift tags with a vintage music score and a bit of glue. This is an easy project and ideal for Christmas. To get a nice finish use scrap booking scissors to cut your circles. I also used a big roll of tape as my circle cutting template.
So I started with The French Chef Cookbook, but any retro children's book will do. 

The illustrations are divine.
Lalalalaaaaaa......this musical book dates back to the 1920's

This little miss is my favourite. 






Individual and sweet gift tags ready to be used with twine tied in a bow.



11 comments:

  1. Super, super, super cute Mezzy. I don't think I could love them more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sharon. You have made my day. I nearly didn't do this blogpost because I thought it was too simple a project and the cards were not sophisticated enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great, and with Christmas coming up these will definitely be eye-catching! I would keep them as bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the idea Agy, Bookmarks would make a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The illustrations are precious! If there are more, you might consider making notecards. I've done that with illustrations from old kids' books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea Claudia. Notecards would make a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another clever idea from you Mezzy!! These are just too, too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah Lizzie. Old musical score is a great backdrop for a lot of craft projects.

      Delete
  9. I love these gift tags! Great illustrations! Can you please set up your blog with the possibility to "pin it"??!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks 2011wildflowers. I have tried in the past to add the pinterest option to my blog without success(I am a technological dinosaur). I will have another look this weekend and see it I can figure it out.

    ReplyDelete