Sunday, 30 December 2012

Merry Christmas Amelia Wall Hanging

Sometimes my brain feels overloaded from the rampant consumerism that is foisted upon us. This is especially bad at Christmas time so I had made an effort to escape the city the week before Christmas and head down to the coast. I rented a simple but clean beach shack and used the time to read, relax and watch the most amazing sunsets. The coastline was dramatic and walking along the beach was a challenge as it was all rocks. During these walks I would collect driftwood, shells and sponges. My daughter Amelia was going to join me on this break but she could not get the time off work. Since Amelia could not come to the beach.....I had the beach come to Amelia.


So start with the most amazing orange tinted sky


Add a bit of descending sun

Some driftwood, shells, sponges and jute twine.

And end up with a Merry Christmas Amelia Wall Hanging.



1 comment:

  1. Love the decorations you've made. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    http://greenissuessingapore.blogspot.sg/2013/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete