Saturday, 25 August 2012

The Horrie Dargie Calling Card


It was time to update my business cards and get something a bit more reflective of my retro roots. I was pretty happy with my first effort but I wanted to expand on the retro theme. That is when Horrie Dargie came a calling. I found his 1960's singalong album in a thrift store for $1.00 and it was at that moment that I knew Horrie was the man for me. I will not go into his history, but you can check out his bio for more details. 


So the guy in the centre is Horrie Dargie. The LP inside became a placemat for my retro 1950's dining table. I used my little pin container and traced around some interesting heads and text.


Here is the pin container that I used. I have also used it on The Mikado album cover to make bright business cards.

Here are a few of the Horrie Dargie Calling Cards. At this stage they are fine but I wanted to add more detail. It was Singalong Party Time at Horrie's place.....and I felt that the cards should reflect that.

The girl in the top right hand corner ended up with a bow made out of left over t-shirt material. This was carefully sewn into place. The girl directly underneath her is wearing a glued hat made from 1960's vintage fabric. Girl in the top left hand corner with my man Horrie, is wearing a glued party hat rescued from a 1960's childs dress. The brunette in the bottom left hand corner is waiting for her make-over. Her pink dress  has seen better days and is somewhat stained from too much partying. With a little bit of vintage fabric her dirty party dress will be like new again.

So here is Horrie and his adoring party girls.

Loving the girl with the big green bow in her hair. So if you live a retro life and need a business card......why not create your very own Horrie Dargie Calling Card.




No comments:

Post a Comment