Wednesday, 23 May 2012

Ten Second No Sew Skirt

Seriously, this no sew refashion only takes 10 secs. Blink and you will miss it.


Start with a thrift store dress. I found this in a big chain thrift store that had just opened up in a new location so they had their very very very best stock on sale. Having been a thrift store fashionista for all my adult life, it is now rare to find thrift stores with high end fashion stock. So boy was I surprised when I found this brand new Danish designer label. Tried it on to ensure that the waistband fit(which is did), but the dress was less than flattering and not my style.




Look carefully and you will see the gaps in the stitching that relegated this expensive dress to the thrift store. There is a lot of detail( with lace and beading) in this dress. The attention to detail has come at the expense of the basics, like ensuring that the seams are neat and complete.


Ten seconds starts from now.. Oh no....you blinked and this refashion is over! Since you missed it I will let you in on my ten second secret. I grabbed my pinking shears and cut a half inch seam allowance above the elasticated waistband.


I now have a cool high waisted skirt.


Look is completed with my "well travelled rock chick" jacket


And a western pair of boots.







3 comments:

  1. Wow, I think that's the fastest refashion ever! I wish they could be this fast all the time - sometimes I hate having to fight with the sewing machine and the needles! Thank you for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. It was a quick and easy refashion.

    ReplyDelete