Sunday, 18 March 2012

From Old to Bold





Another lazy Sunday afternoon project. 

My Mariah Carey jeans cause great hilarity amongst my family as I had cut off the waist band because they were Harry Highpants. I wear them often and they have become faded, plain and boring. Too comfortable to throw out it was time to upcycle them.

I have a collection of old retro ties that I have purchased from thrift stores. For this project I picked a tie with similar colour tonings to the jeans. I used one tie and pinned it to the cuff of my jeans. I wanted to keep the integrity of the tie intact so I have left the triangle points as a features.

One cuff is thin and the other thick. For me it is not important that they are not identical. For me it is about re-telling the story of this tie in a new way.

Create your own Mariah jeans. Experiment and have fun.



2 comments:

  1. The colours in the tie, co-ordinate well with your jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pam. It is a good way of hiding a fraying hem.

    ReplyDelete